Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

MagicFan

Identify the too-short lines

Post by MagicFan »

Hello,

I have a map with a lot of links and 2 errors in the logs :

Code: Select all

2022.11.25 21:37:54 - WEATHERMAP WARNING: [Map 44] MAN_WAN_Amundi.conf: Skipping too-short line. 
I read the post "Skipping too-short line (Weathermap v0.97c)" viewtopic.php?t=50461

So I understand the error, but it is really not fun to find the 2 connectors misconfigured in my 1500 lines of configuration...

Any idea to help me ?

Regards,
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: Identify the too-short lines

Post by Howie »

run it with --debug, and you will get (a LOT) of extra information. The lines just before the "skipping too short" should tell you which link it was processing at the time.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
MagicFan

Re: Identify the too-short lines

Post by MagicFan »

Hello reader !

I tried to activate debug in the GUI :
console > configuration > settings > Selective Plugin Debug
(Check my plugin + save)

I admit I obtain a lot of extra info in the cacti tab "clog", but nothing I identified easily about the ends of the links too short.

So I tried to use CLI to observe the logs :

php //MYPATH/cacti/plugins/weathermap/weathermap --debug --config //MYPATH/cacti/plugins/weathermap/configs/MY_MAP.conf --output ./my-test.png --htmloutput ./my-test.html

In the logs I looked for the word "short" and was immediately at the good place ! The line just before was the solution!

I thank you very much Howie for your time and help, and now I will looking for the other strange logs I observed: "Relative path didn't exist"... but it will be maybe another post!